Lunes, Agosto 25, 2008

"Am I Not Your Child?!"

What should I do? My daddy cannot remember that I’m his daughter. It really hurts a lot to see my daddy in a situation like that. He cannot even remember me. Actually, I did not go to the hospital when mom told me that he cannot remember anyone in the family. I waited for him to recover before I visited him. I don’t know what to do if he cannot even recognize me.

 

            My daddy’s temporary amnesia was due to a blood clot in his brain. The doctor did not explain well what happened to him but he gave us an idea about the blood clot that occurred. He said that it is because of his heart disease. We really don’t know where he got the heart disease because no one in the family has a heart disease, but maybe it’s just not expressed.

 

            My daddy was still studying at Word of Life Bible Institute by the time he got an amnesia. He was called by God to have a full-time ministry by being a pastor. I don’t know what really happened because I am still at my school when my daddy was brought to the hospital. When I came home from school, my sister told me to pray for our daddy because he is in a terrible condition. The two of us were  the only ones left at home because my brother and my mom are in the hospital. I am clueless on what was happening so I just cried and prayed to God to help my daddy. After praying, my mom went home to get some clothes for her and daddy because it will be a long stay in the hospital. I asked what happened to daddy and she said that he cannot remember anything. I just continued praying and asking God why did this happen. God showed me that He is just testing my faith. I have learned that as a child of God, there are so many things that God wanted to teach us. Also, Satan is doing everything to break our relationship with God. Since God taught me to always hold on to His promise that He will never leave me nor forsake me, I continued to walk with Him although problems are along the way.

 

            After a long wait and many prayers, my dad recovered from having an amnesia. I went to the hospital to visit my dad. The “amnesia moments” are now memories from the past. My mom was just jokingly asking my dad, “How many are your children and what are their names?” My dad will just laugh because his answer when he had an amnesia was, “Three! Roxanne, Faye and Rap-rap!” Ouch! That hurts, my name was not mentioned. I asked him, “Am I not your child?” but he just smiled at me and I already got the answer. I don’t mind if he can remember my name or not, as long as we are all happy together especially when it comes in serving God.

 

 

            Sad story ba?… I made this as a requirement in Human genetics. I can still remember nung mga panahon na hindi daw ako maalala ni dad. Iyak talag ako ng iyak nun… Feeling ko kasi wala na akong dad. Pero nung mga panahon na yun ay naramdaman ko talaga ang pagiging daddy ni God. Grabe, iba talaga ang feeling. You feel safe. Naalala ko dati, umiiyak ako sa room ng dad ko tapos hug ko yung pillow niya habang nagpepray ako. Bigla kong naramdaman yung embrace ni God. Na-amaze ako nun kasi I am not expecting na makakaramdam ako ng yakap galing kay God na hindi ko naman nakikita. Kinilabutan nga ako eh pero at the same time ay mas nainlove pa ako kay God. Actually hanggang ngayon ay nararamdaman ko pa rin ang embrace Niya lalo kapag feeling ko ay isa akong failure. Lagi Niyang pinapaalala sakin na nandyan lang Siya sa tabi ko at never Niya akong iiwan kahit iwan na ako ng lahat ng tao sa mundo. Ganun si God. All around talaga. Wala ka nang hahanapin pang iba kapag nasa heart mo si God.  

3 komento:

  1. meg, naiiyak naman ako dun...that would be awfully painful when someone you dearly love and has been loving you suddenly doesn't know that you exist. I can imagine the pain.but yeah, there's no greater love than the Father's...

    TumugonBurahin
  2. aww..kaya pala..

    glad that ure dad is ok now. :)

    God is still good. :)

    TumugonBurahin